Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Prelude: March 2011

Well beloved readers, it seems we’ve fallen into the cycle of blog writing I seem to get into again and again: write, stop, feel guilty about stopping and start up again. During the holidays of course I didn’t want to spend my time pounding out entries on some hostel computer when I could be exploring cities, but now that I’m back in Hamburg I can sit down and tell you all about what I did during the break! Three weeks worth of stories and pictures, it may be a bit of a challenge (big writing projects like this make me a little apprehensive), but we’ll give it a shot.

Anyway, as I said, I got back into Hamburg about two weeks ago. In total I was on the road for twenty-one days, which translates into four countries and eight cities. I rode bikes through medieval cobblestone streets in Brugge, sat on the edge of canals and ate sandwiches in Amsterdam, hiked in the Sierra Nevadas in Granada, laid on the beach in Nerja, and had the honor and privilege of attending the annual Fulbright Conference in Berlin. Even though it was only three weeks and not a whole month of traveling, the trip was just a fantastic time. Three weeks takes a toll on your body and wallet though—even now I still get random pains in my knees and feet walking around the city, and I was living out of my change dish for the last week and a half of March. I had a tremendous amount of fun, however, and got to meet, visit, and travel with a huge variety of great people.

Anyway, let’s start from the start, shall we? Part one on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment